Former UF coach Urban Meyer talks about Aaron Hernandez
|07.24.13 at 8:49 pm ET|
Urban Meyer, who coached Aaron Hernandez at Florida, spoke about his former tight end on Wednesday, saying he “felt awful” when he heard the news of about the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.
“I felt awful,” said Meyer, speaking at the Big Ten meetings in Chicago. “It’s a sick feeling. Your thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims. Every player situation, every recruit situation, that’ll always be in the back of my mind. That’s all I can say.”
Earlier in the day, Meyer talked more about Hernandez, who played for Meyer at Florida from 2007 to 2009 before he was drafted by the Patriots in 2010.
“That was four years ago a player played for us. Our staff did, as they do with all players — I’ve had incredible coaches, incredible players. And I think the focus a lot of times when it gets taken away from those great players who are great people and great coaches on my staff, it just bothers you a little bit,” Meyer said.
“But you have to move on, and we certainly have.”
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?