Former UF coach Urban Meyer talks about Aaron Hernandez
|07.24.13 at 8:49 pm ET|
“I felt awful,” said Meyer, speaking at the Big Ten meetings in Chicago. “It’s a sick feeling. Your thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims. Every player situation, every recruit situation, that’ll always be in the back of my mind. That’s all I can say.”
Earlier in the day, Meyer talked more about Hernandez, who played for Meyer at Florida from 2007 to 2009 before he was drafted by the Patriots in 2010.
‘That was four years ago a player played for us. Our staff did, as they do with all players — I’ve had incredible coaches, incredible players. And I think the focus a lot of times when it gets taken away from those great players who are great people and great coaches on my staff, it just bothers you a little bit,’ Meyer said.
‘But you have to move on, and we certainly have.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick