Patriots re-sign Tyronne Green, release Matt Stankiewitch
|07.25.13 at 3:09 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots announced Thursday they had re-signed veteran free agent offensive lineman Tyronne Green and released rookie offensive lineman Matt Stankiewitch.
Green was originally signed by the Patriots as an unrestricted free agent from San Diego on May 13, but was released on May 31. The 27-year-old is a veteran of four NFL seasons with San Diego (2009-12) after joining the team as fourth-round (133rd overall) draft pick out of Auburn in 2009. The 6-foot-2, 316-pounder, has played in 41 NFL games with 28 starts at both guard positions. Last season in San Diego, Green started 13 games at left guard.
Stankiewitch, 23, originally signed with the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Penn State on May 3. The 6-foot-4, 305-popunder, started all 25 games at center as a junior and senior at Penn State. Stankiewitch was named a team captain for the East in the East-West Shrine game.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion