Alfonzo Dennard in camp and participating according to Bill Belichick
|07.26.13 at 9:43 am ET|
FOXBORO — In spite of his legal troubles that has him in danger of losing probation, Alfonzo Dennard was on the field Friday morning as the Patriots opened training camp.
Dennard is facing a driving under the influence charge in Lincoln, Neb., the same town where he was charged with assaulting a police officer in the summer of 2012.
The Patriots have taken no public discipliary action against the second-year cornerback, who is facing the possible loss of his probation if found guilty of the charge.
“We have 90 players out there,” coach Bill Belichick said Friday when asked if Dennard would be on the team to start camp. “Our roster is at 90 players. We’re full. They’re all active. They’ll all be participating, they’ll all be participating.”
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick