Alfonzo Dennard in camp and participating according to Bill Belichick
|07.26.13 at 9:43 am ET|
FOXBORO — In spite of his legal troubles that has him in danger of losing probation, Alfonzo Dennard was on the field Friday morning as the Patriots opened training camp.
Dennard is facing a driving under the influence charge in Lincoln, Neb., the same town where he was charged with assaulting a police officer in the summer of 2012.
The Patriots have taken no public discipliary action against the second-year cornerback, who is facing the possible loss of his probation if found guilty of the charge.
“We have 90 players out there,” coach Bill Belichick said Friday when asked if Dennard would be on the team to start camp. “Our roster is at 90 players. We’re full. They’re all active. They’ll all be participating, they’ll all be participating.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl