Alfonzo Dennard in camp and participating according to Bill Belichick
|07.26.13 at 9:43 am ET|
FOXBORO — In spite of his legal troubles that has him in danger of losing probation, Alfonzo Dennard was on the field Friday morning as the Patriots opened training camp.
Dennard is facing a driving under the influence charge in Lincoln, Neb., the same town where he was charged with assaulting a police officer in the summer of 2012.
The Patriots have taken no public discipliary action against the second-year cornerback, who is facing the possible loss of his probation if found guilty of the charge.
“We have 90 players out there,” coach Bill Belichick said Friday when asked if Dennard would be on the team to start camp. “Our roster is at 90 players. We’re full. They’re all active. They’ll all be participating, they’ll all be participating.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats