Bill Belichick says he ‘can’t predict’ when Rob Gronkowski will return
|07.26.13 at 9:21 am ET|
FOXBORO — While it’s certain that Aaron Hernandez won’t be playing for the Patriots this season, the exact return of another tight end is a much bigger question mark.
Rob Gronkowski begins camp Friday on the physically unable to perform list after undergoing offseason surgeries on his left forearm and back. He can come off and be activated any time before roster cuts on Aug. 31. If he remains on the PUP list after that, he’ll be out for at least six regular-season games.
Bill Belichick was asked if he had any idea when he might be ready for action.
“Nope,” Belichick answered. “I can’t predict what’s going to happen with rehabilitations or injuries. Any sort of players who are day to day, as we know, sometimes that’s a steady line. Sometimes it’s slow progress and then a big jump. Sometimes there’s a jump, and then it levels off. Can’t predict exactly what’s going to happen.
“Just take everybody day by day, see how they do and treat them the next day based on their performance and how they feel from the day before. That will be the same with everybody. There is nobody in any different category than that. They’re all the same.”
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick