Bill Belichick: Armond Armstead’s current illness different from past medical issue
|07.28.13 at 10:10 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick said Sunday morning the issue that’s sidelined defensive lineman Armond Armstead through the first three days of camp is not related to any issues the USC product has had in the past.
Armstead suffered a heart attack as a collegian, and ended up playing last year in the CFL, where he finished with 44 tackles and six sacks to help Toronto to a Grey Cup championship. He was placed on the non-football illness list at the start of camp earlier this month, and hasn’t been seen at practice.
“No, I think it’s a different situation,” Belichick said when asked about Armstead’s current malady. “If we have anything, we’ll talk about it. But not at this time.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL