Stevan Ridley, Kyle Arrington scrap at end of Tuesday practice
|07.30.13 at 6:00 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Another rite of training camp took place toward the end of Tuesday’s training camp session, as running back Stevan Ridley and cornerback Kyle Arrington mixed it up at the end of the workout.
Ridley was coming over the middle in an 11-on-11 drill, and appeared to get caught up with Arrington. Ridley went down hard, and it looked like he took exception to the hit — he got up and the two started pushing and shoving. The two were quickly separated, and afterward, both simply shrugged when asked about the brief dustup.
“That’s camp, man,” Ridley said. “That’s all I’m going to say about it. We’re competitive out here and we’re working hard every day. The days are getting long and that’s part of it.”
“It’s all love, you know,” Arrington told reporters. “Whatever happens on the field stays on the field. It’s an emotional game, emotional people. It’s all love though at the end of the day.”
This was the first training camp scrap of the year. That’s in contrast to last season, where the Patriots hit a stretch where they had a few scuffles, including three on Aug. 1. (The highlight of those dustups came when left tackle Nate Solder squared off with linebacker Brandon Spikes.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal