Aaron Hernandez reportedly writes letter and says he wants to ‘prove all the haters’ wrong
|08.01.13 at 6:32 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez believes “GOD has a plan for him” and vows to someday return to the NFL when he is cleared of the murder charge against him, according to a recently sent out a handwritten letter to an unidentified supporter. The alleged letter was obtained by TMZ.
Hernandez insists he has ‘always been a great person’ and that he will play in the NFL again.
TMZ reports that it verified the letter with law enforcement, which confirmed that it is indeed a note written by Hernandez from prison. In an ironic twist, a postscript from Hernandez pleads to ‘keep this off social media PLEASE!’
At the end of the letter, Hernandez signs his name, even adding his old number, 81.
‘Can’t wait to sign this [autographs] again when I’m playing again an [sic] prove all the haters and [text cut off] talkers wrong!’
Hernandez is currently facing a charge of murder, in addition to several weapons charges, stemming from the death of Odin Lloyd in June. Investigations have continued since then, with the possibility still there that Hernandez could be linked to other violent incidents in the past, including a reported grand jury investigation of a double-homicide in 2012, just months before he signed a five-year, $40 million contract extension with Patriots.
Hernandez was cut by the Patriots on June 26 immediately after being arrested for the June 17 murder of Lloyd.
Hernandez insists that despite his dire circumstances, he will find a way to make it through and come back stronger than ever.
‘I know everything happens for a reason and I know ‘God’ has a plan for me and something good will come out of this,” he wrote in the letter. ‘The world just makes things of false accusations and it will all die down especially when they say NOT GUILTY and all the people who have turned on me will feel like crap.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video