Tim Tebow on Riley Cooper: ‘I’m going to wait to comment’
|08.02.13 at 5:49 pm ET|
Last week, Tebow termed the murder charge against Hernandez “heartbreaking” in speaking about his Florida teammate from 2007-09. On Friday, he was asked about the racial slur Cooper uttered at a country concert last week at Lincoln Financial Field, a slur that was caught on video.
The Eagles sent their wide receiver to counseling on Friday and has raised the level of tension in the Philadelphia locker room. Tebow said after Friday’s practice that he was aware of the incident but didn’t want to provide further comment until he knew everything that happened.
“I haven’t seen everything that’s happened. I’ve been pretty busy.” Tebow said. “I’m going to wait to comment until I hear what all happened.”
Cooper and Tebow were teammates at Florida at the same time, with both leaving the school in 2009 and getting drafted in 2010. Tebow was selected by Josh McDaniels in the first round while Cooper was taken in the fifth round by the Eagles.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...