Tim Tebow on Riley Cooper: ‘I’m going to wait to comment’
|08.02.13 at 5:49 pm ET|
Last week, Tebow termed the murder charge against Hernandez “heartbreaking” in speaking about his Florida teammate from 2007-09. On Friday, he was asked about the racial slur Cooper uttered at a country concert last week at Lincoln Financial Field, a slur that was caught on video.
The Eagles sent their wide receiver to counseling on Friday and has raised the level of tension in the Philadelphia locker room. Tebow said after Friday’s practice that he was aware of the incident but didn’t want to provide further comment until he knew everything that happened.
“I haven’t seen everything that’s happened. I’ve been pretty busy.” Tebow said. “I’m going to wait to comment until I hear what all happened.”
Cooper and Tebow were teammates at Florida at the same time, with both leaving the school in 2009 and getting drafted in 2010. Tebow was selected by Josh McDaniels in the first round while Cooper was taken in the fifth round by the Eagles.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars