Tim Tebow on Riley Cooper: ‘I’m going to wait to comment’
|08.02.13 at 5:49 pm ET|
Last week, Tebow termed the murder charge against Hernandez “heartbreaking” in speaking about his Florida teammate from 2007-09. On Friday, he was asked about the racial slur Cooper uttered at a country concert last week at Lincoln Financial Field, a slur that was caught on video.
The Eagles sent their wide receiver to counseling on Friday and has raised the level of tension in the Philadelphia locker room. Tebow said after Friday’s practice that he was aware of the incident but didn’t want to provide further comment until he knew everything that happened.
“I haven’t seen everything that’s happened. I’ve been pretty busy.” Tebow said. “I’m going to wait to comment until I hear what all happened.”
Cooper and Tebow were teammates at Florida at the same time, with both leaving the school in 2009 and getting drafted in 2010. Tebow was selected by Josh McDaniels in the first round while Cooper was taken in the fifth round by the Eagles.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...