Tim Tebow on Riley Cooper: ‘I’m going to wait to comment’
|08.02.13 at 5:49 pm ET|
Last week, Tebow termed the murder charge against Hernandez “heartbreaking” in speaking about his Florida teammate from 2007-09. On Friday, he was asked about the racial slur Cooper uttered at a country concert last week at Lincoln Financial Field, a slur that was caught on video.
The Eagles sent their wide receiver to counseling on Friday and has raised the level of tension in the Philadelphia locker room. Tebow said after Friday’s practice that he was aware of the incident but didn’t want to provide further comment until he knew everything that happened.
“I haven’t seen everything that’s happened. I’ve been pretty busy.” Tebow said. “I’m going to wait to comment until I hear what all happened.”
Cooper and Tebow were teammates at Florida at the same time, with both leaving the school in 2009 and getting drafted in 2010. Tebow was selected by Josh McDaniels in the first round while Cooper was taken in the fifth round by the Eagles.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick