Patriots cut WR Lavasier Tuinei and OL Elvis Fisher
|08.03.13 at 5:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Following the eighth practice of training camp Saturday, the Patriots announced that they released rookie offensive lineman Elvis Fisher and first-year wide receiver Lavasier Tuinei. Both players were placed on the waived/injured list.
Tuinei, 22, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent on Tuesday. He was originally signed by Seattle as a rookie free agent on April 29, 2012, out of Oregon. The 6-foot-4, 200-pounder, spent most of last season on the Seahawks‘ practice squad. Tuinei spent part of the 2013 offseason with Cincinnati and Dallas. He totaled 108 receptions for 1,212 yards and 12 touchdowns in three seasons with Oregon.
Fisher, 24, originally joined New England as a rookie free agent from Missouri on May 3. The 6-foot-5, 300-pounder, returned to the field in 2012 at Missouri after being awarded a hardship by the NCAA after being forced to miss the 2011 season with an injury. Fisher was a starter at left tackle during his college career and was named a team captain in 2011 and 2012.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick