Uncle of Aaron Hernandez killed in moped crash
|08.05.13 at 6:55 am ET|
An uncle of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez died early Saturday morning after his moped crashed in Bristol, Conn.
Robert J. Valentine, 49, was riding his 2012 Sunny moped around 1 a.m. when he struck a curb and “was thrown from the moped and landed in a private driveway where he struck a curb,” police said.
Valentine, who was not wearing a helmet, was treated by firefighters for a serious head injury before being pronounced dead at the scene.
Valentine was a brother of Terri Hernandez, Aaron’s mother, according to his brother, Patrick Valentine, with whom Robert shared a house. He worked at a machine shop in Bristol.
Patrick Valentine told reporters that he and his brother were not in frequent contact with Aaron Hernandez, who remains in jail in Massachusetts without bail after being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd.
Meanwhile, another letter purportedly from Hernandez to a supporter was published by TMZ on Monday. In the first letter that was revealed last week, Hernandez proclaimed that he is not guilty and “all the people who turned on me will feel like crap.” In the second letter, Hernandez writes:
This will all come to an end and there is a reason god put me thru this. Everything happens for a reason.
Hernandez noted that he has no access to the Internet in jail, and he asks that the recipient keeps the letter off “social media.” TMZ reports that a sheriff has since made Hernandez aware that people are selling his letters to the media.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty