Uncle of Aaron Hernandez killed in moped crash
|08.05.13 at 6:55 am ET|
An uncle of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez died early Saturday morning after his moped crashed in Bristol, Conn.
Robert J. Valentine, 49, was riding his 2012 Sunny moped around 1 a.m. when he struck a curb and “was thrown from the moped and landed in a private driveway where he struck a curb,” police said.
Valentine, who was not wearing a helmet, was treated by firefighters for a serious head injury before being pronounced dead at the scene.
Valentine was a brother of Terri Hernandez, Aaron’s mother, according to his brother, Patrick Valentine, with whom Robert shared a house. He worked at a machine shop in Bristol.
Patrick Valentine told reporters that he and his brother were not in frequent contact with Aaron Hernandez, who remains in jail in Massachusetts without bail after being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd.
Meanwhile, another letter purportedly from Hernandez to a supporter was published by TMZ on Monday. In the first letter that was revealed last week, Hernandez proclaimed that he is not guilty and “all the people who turned on me will feel like crap.” In the second letter, Hernandez writes:
This will all come to an end and there is a reason god put me thru this. Everything happens for a reason.
Hernandez noted that he has no access to the Internet in jail, and he asks that the recipient keeps the letter off “social media.” TMZ reports that a sheriff has since made Hernandez aware that people are selling his letters to the media.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...