Wes Welker: Last days with Bill Belichick were ‘just kind of hard’
|08.07.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
In the latest edition of Sports Illustrated, Wes Welker had some interesting things to say about the Patriots, as well as the end of his time in New England.
The receiver, who signed with Denver as a free agent after six seasons with the Patriots, said that upon reaching free agency last winter, Welker says, ‘there were only two places [Denver and New England] I was going to play.’
And while Denver and quarterback Peyton Manning spent their time wooing him, Welker was ruminating on how the 2012 season with the Patriots and Bill Belichick. Welker said that toward the end in New England, Belichick got on him in a way he never had before, admonishing him in front of the team
‘It was just kind of hard,’ Welker said. ‘One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. … But he does it to everybody, it’s the way he is.’
Belichick’s ways still affect Welker, according to the receiver.
‘When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos‘ people are going to think,’ Welker says. ‘I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...