Wes Welker: Last days with Bill Belichick were ‘just kind of hard’
|08.07.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
In the latest edition of Sports Illustrated, Wes Welker had some interesting things to say about the Patriots, as well as the end of his time in New England.
The receiver, who signed with Denver as a free agent after six seasons with the Patriots, said that upon reaching free agency last winter, Welker says, ‘there were only two places [Denver and New England] I was going to play.’
And while Denver and quarterback Peyton Manning spent their time wooing him, Welker was ruminating on how the 2012 season with the Patriots and Bill Belichick. Welker said that toward the end in New England, Belichick got on him in a way he never had before, admonishing him in front of the team
‘It was just kind of hard,’ Welker said. ‘One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. … But he does it to everybody, it’s the way he is.’
Belichick’s ways still affect Welker, according to the receiver.
‘When I’m answering questions from the Denver media, I’m not worried about what the Broncos‘ people are going to think,’ Welker says. ‘I’m worried about what Belichick will think. Isn’t that crazy?’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...