Eagles DB: Tom Brady, Patriots tried to ‘bully’ us in joint practices
|08.08.13 at 2:13 pm ET|
While players and coaches on both sides were happy with the three joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles this week in Philadelphia, Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin didn’t share in that assessment.
After quarterback Tom Brady and the New England offense put up an impressive outing against the Philadelphia secondary on Tuesday, Boykin told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night in Philly.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video