Eagles DB: Tom Brady, Patriots tried to ‘bully’ us in joint practices
|08.08.13 at 2:13 pm ET|
While players and coaches on both sides were happy with the three joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles this week in Philadelphia, Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin didn’t share in that assessment.
After quarterback Tom Brady and the New England offense put up an impressive outing against the Philadelphia secondary on Tuesday, Boykin told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night in Philly.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...