Eagles DB: Tom Brady, Patriots tried to ‘bully’ us in joint practices
|08.08.13 at 2:13 pm ET|
While players and coaches on both sides were happy with the three joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles this week in Philadelphia, Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin didn’t share in that assessment.
After quarterback Tom Brady and the New England offense put up an impressive outing against the Philadelphia secondary on Tuesday, Boykin told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night in Philly.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board