Eagles DB: Tom Brady, Patriots tried to ‘bully’ us in joint practices
|08.08.13 at 2:13 pm ET|
While players and coaches on both sides were happy with the three joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles this week in Philadelphia, Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin didn’t share in that assessment.
After quarterback Tom Brady and the New England offense put up an impressive outing against the Philadelphia secondary on Tuesday, Boykin told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night in Philly.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know