Eagles DB: Tom Brady, Patriots tried to ‘bully’ us in joint practices
|08.08.13 at 2:13 pm ET|
While players and coaches on both sides were happy with the three joint practices between the Patriots and Eagles this week in Philadelphia, Eagles cornerback Brandon Boykin didn’t share in that assessment.
After quarterback Tom Brady and the New England offense put up an impressive outing against the Philadelphia secondary on Tuesday, Boykin told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to “bully” the Eagles.
“I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,” Boykin said. “And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team — and obviously I can speak for myself — I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.”
The Patriots and Eagles will meet in the preseason opener for both teams Friday night in Philly.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...