Another Eagles defensive back voices displeasure with Patriots: ‘They came in here talking’
|08.11.13 at 6:18 pm ET|
Eagles defensive back Cary Williams said he purposefully instigated a fight with Patriots wide recevier Aaron Dobson during the joint practices last Tuesday because he was upset about the way New England was going about its business, adding things would have been handled differently if he was still in Baltimore playing with the Ravens.
“No question,” said the Eagles cornerback, who arrived in Philly this offseason from Baltimore. “[The Patriots] came in there talking. They had a lot of jokes, and [hee-hees] and laughs, a lot of dirty plays that were going on. So there was a reason behind what I did, there was a reason behind the madness. At the end of the day, I still got to do things the way coach wants me to do it, and I understand that. But it definitely would have been a different situation if it was in Baltimore. It wouldn’t have been a fun practice for the Patriots, I can tell you that.”
Williams and Dobson were kicked out of practice for fighting. Williams comments come in the wake of statements from fellow Eagles’ defensive back Brandon Boykin, who told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to ‘bully’ the Eagles during their week of joint practices.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team ‘ and obviously I can speak for myself ‘ I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey