Another Eagles defensive back voices displeasure with Patriots: ‘They came in here talking’
|08.11.13 at 6:18 pm ET|
Eagles defensive back Cary Williams said he purposefully instigated a fight with Patriots wide recevier Aaron Dobson during the joint practices last Tuesday because he was upset about the way New England was going about its business, adding things would have been handled differently if he was still in Baltimore playing with the Ravens.
“No question,” said the Eagles cornerback, who arrived in Philly this offseason from Baltimore. “[The Patriots] came in there talking. They had a lot of jokes, and [hee-hees] and laughs, a lot of dirty plays that were going on. So there was a reason behind what I did, there was a reason behind the madness. At the end of the day, I still got to do things the way coach wants me to do it, and I understand that. But it definitely would have been a different situation if it was in Baltimore. It wouldn’t have been a fun practice for the Patriots, I can tell you that.”
Williams and Dobson were kicked out of practice for fighting. Williams comments come in the wake of statements from fellow Eagles’ defensive back Brandon Boykin, who told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to ‘bully’ the Eagles during their week of joint practices.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team ‘ and obviously I can speak for myself ‘ I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...