Another Eagles defensive back voices displeasure with Patriots: ‘They came in here talking’
|08.11.13 at 6:18 pm ET|
Eagles defensive back Cary Williams said he purposefully instigated a fight with Patriots wide recevier Aaron Dobson during the joint practices last Tuesday because he was upset about the way New England was going about its business, adding things would have been handled differently if he was still in Baltimore playing with the Ravens.
“No question,” said the Eagles cornerback, who arrived in Philly this offseason from Baltimore. “[The Patriots] came in there talking. They had a lot of jokes, and [hee-hees] and laughs, a lot of dirty plays that were going on. So there was a reason behind what I did, there was a reason behind the madness. At the end of the day, I still got to do things the way coach wants me to do it, and I understand that. But it definitely would have been a different situation if it was in Baltimore. It wouldn’t have been a fun practice for the Patriots, I can tell you that.”
Williams and Dobson were kicked out of practice for fighting. Williams comments come in the wake of statements from fellow Eagles’ defensive back Brandon Boykin, who told Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia he felt the Patriots tried to ‘bully’ the Eagles during their week of joint practices.
‘I can speak for the whole team. I felt like [on Tuesday], honestly they came out with this attitude to try to bully us,’ Boykin said. ‘And even though it’s practice, it’s always still a game tempo. I think as a team ‘ and obviously I can speak for myself ‘ I wanted to try to set the tone on myself as an aggressive person and just make plays.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction