Bill Belichick on Cary Williams: ‘We’ve moved on’
|08.12.13 at 2:42 pm ET|
FOXBORO — To absolutely no one’s surprise, Bill Belichick wasn’t about to give Cary Williams the satisfaction of a verbal sparring match as the Patriots get ready for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week at Gillette Stadium.
Over the weekend, the Eagles defensive back accused Belichick’s Patriots of practicing ‘dirty’ last week in the team’s joint practices before the season opener Friday night.
‘We’ve moved on,’ Belichick said. ‘We’re coming to Tampa.’
Williams shoved Patriots rookie receiver Aaron Dobson in the face and grabbed his facemask on Tuesday, prompting the Patriots to pull Dobson from the remainder of practice.
Williams told the Philadelphia Inquirer there was a method to his madness.
‘[The Patriots] came in there talking,” Williams told the paper. “They had a lot of jokes and tee-hees and laughs,” Williams said. “Dirty plays that were going on. There’s a reason behind what I did.”
Belichick was again asked about the incident in his Monday afternoon presser at Gillette.
‘I don’t know I didn’t see it,” said Belichick, who was then given one more chance at clarification. ‘Moved on.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...