Bill Belichick on Cary Williams: ‘We’ve moved on’
|08.12.13 at 2:42 pm ET|
FOXBORO — To absolutely no one’s surprise, Bill Belichick wasn’t about to give Cary Williams the satisfaction of a verbal sparring match as the Patriots get ready for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week at Gillette Stadium.
Over the weekend, the Eagles defensive back accused Belichick’s Patriots of practicing ‘dirty’ last week in the team’s joint practices before the season opener Friday night.
‘We’ve moved on,’ Belichick said. ‘We’re coming to Tampa.’
Williams shoved Patriots rookie receiver Aaron Dobson in the face and grabbed his facemask on Tuesday, prompting the Patriots to pull Dobson from the remainder of practice.
Williams told the Philadelphia Inquirer there was a method to his madness.
‘[The Patriots] came in there talking,” Williams told the paper. “They had a lot of jokes and tee-hees and laughs,” Williams said. “Dirty plays that were going on. There’s a reason behind what I did.”
Belichick was again asked about the incident in his Monday afternoon presser at Gillette.
‘I don’t know I didn’t see it,” said Belichick, who was then given one more chance at clarification. ‘Moved on.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016