Bill Belichick on Cary Williams: ‘We’ve moved on’
|08.12.13 at 2:42 pm ET|
FOXBORO — To absolutely no one’s surprise, Bill Belichick wasn’t about to give Cary Williams the satisfaction of a verbal sparring match as the Patriots get ready for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week at Gillette Stadium.
Over the weekend, the Eagles defensive back accused Belichick’s Patriots of practicing ‘dirty’ last week in the team’s joint practices before the season opener Friday night.
‘We’ve moved on,’ Belichick said. ‘We’re coming to Tampa.’
Williams shoved Patriots rookie receiver Aaron Dobson in the face and grabbed his facemask on Tuesday, prompting the Patriots to pull Dobson from the remainder of practice.
Williams told the Philadelphia Inquirer there was a method to his madness.
‘[The Patriots] came in there talking,” Williams told the paper. “They had a lot of jokes and tee-hees and laughs,” Williams said. “Dirty plays that were going on. There’s a reason behind what I did.”
Belichick was again asked about the incident in his Monday afternoon presser at Gillette.
‘I don’t know I didn’t see it,” said Belichick, who was then given one more chance at clarification. ‘Moved on.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?