Bill Belichick on Cary Williams: ‘We’ve moved on’
|08.12.13 at 2:42 pm ET|
FOXBORO — To absolutely no one’s surprise, Bill Belichick wasn’t about to give Cary Williams the satisfaction of a verbal sparring match as the Patriots get ready for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week at Gillette Stadium.
Over the weekend, the Eagles defensive back accused Belichick’s Patriots of practicing ‘dirty’ last week in the team’s joint practices before the season opener Friday night.
‘We’ve moved on,’ Belichick said. ‘We’re coming to Tampa.’
Williams shoved Patriots rookie receiver Aaron Dobson in the face and grabbed his facemask on Tuesday, prompting the Patriots to pull Dobson from the remainder of practice.
Williams told the Philadelphia Inquirer there was a method to his madness.
‘[The Patriots] came in there talking,” Williams told the paper. “They had a lot of jokes and tee-hees and laughs,” Williams said. “Dirty plays that were going on. There’s a reason behind what I did.”
Belichick was again asked about the incident in his Monday afternoon presser at Gillette.
‘I don’t know I didn’t see it,” said Belichick, who was then given one more chance at clarification. ‘Moved on.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know