Don’t expect to see these guys Friday night against Tampa
|08.16.13 at 6:45 am ET|
Based on their attendance at practice over the last week, the following players shouldn’t be expected to see time in Friday’s preseason contest against the Buccanneers: cornerbacks Ras-I Dowling and Alfonzo Dennard, tight ends Daniel Fells and Rob Gronkowski, offensive linemen Marcus Cannon and Dan Connolly, defensive linemen Armond Armstead and Jermaine Cunningham and wide receiver Mark Harrison.
In addition, defensive back Devin McCourty should be put squarely in the “questionable” category as he was wearing a red noncontact jersey for the entire week, while defensive back Nate Ebner and offensive lineman Marcus Zusevics should also be labeled as questionable, as they were on the field but appeared limited for much of the week. As for quarterback Tom Brady, our educated guess right now (and it’s strictly an educated guess, nothing more) is that he plays at least two series against the Bucs, and then hands things over to backups Ryan Mallett and Tim Tebow.
As for the other side of the ball, don’t count on seeing Tampa Bay cornerback Darrelle Revis (it still feels weird to type that), as he was around the team in Foxboro — even getting a word of encouragement in regards to his rehab from Patriots owner Robert Kraft — but out of action all week.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied