Taking another shot at the Patriots conditioning test
|08.16.13 at 9:00 am ET|
Because one time wasn’t enough, I took another shot at the Patriots conditioning test for the linemen a few days ago. For those of you unfamiliar with the history involved, this is the second year I tried the grueling series of sprints — it involves two sets of 10 40-yard dashes in six seconds or less, with 30 seconds in between each set and a two-minute break between the sets of 10. (There are different times and distances for each position, but the rules are all the same — you don’t get to practice until you pass.)
This time around, I was joined by WEEI midday co-host Mike Mutnansky, as well as listener/reader Will McMahon. For the record, Mut and I did just about 2/3rd of them in the required six seconds or less, while Will fared slightly better. Regardless, we were all gassed at the end, and gained a whole new level of respect for the big fellas in the trenches. So watch, enjoy and don’t laugh too loudly. Thanks to Mut and Will for being good sports and volunteering to participate, and video ace Peter Neudel for putting the whole thing together.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL