Taking another shot at the Patriots conditioning test
|08.16.13 at 9:00 am ET|
Because one time wasn’t enough, I took another shot at the Patriots conditioning test for the linemen a few days ago. For those of you unfamiliar with the history involved, this is the second year I tried the grueling series of sprints — it involves two sets of 10 40-yard dashes in six seconds or less, with 30 seconds in between each set and a two-minute break between the sets of 10. (There are different times and distances for each position, but the rules are all the same — you don’t get to practice until you pass.)
This time around, I was joined by WEEI midday co-host Mike Mutnansky, as well as listener/reader Will McMahon. For the record, Mut and I did just about 2/3rd of them in the required six seconds or less, while Will fared slightly better. Regardless, we were all gassed at the end, and gained a whole new level of respect for the big fellas in the trenches. So watch, enjoy and don’t laugh too loudly. Thanks to Mut and Will for being good sports and volunteering to participate, and video ace Peter Neudel for putting the whole thing together.
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?