Tom Brady again nearly perfect in second preseason contest
|08.16.13 at 8:59 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Tom Brady did play Friday night and show absolutely no ill effects from the hit he took to the left knee on Wednesday in practice.
Brady was brilliant in the opening drive, completing all seven passes, including four to Danny Amendola for 46 yards. Brady capped off a 15-play scoring drive to open the game by hitting Amendola on a 26-yard route to the end zone.
With so much speculation on whether he would play at all, Brady finished the night 11-for-12 for 107 yards and the one touchdown. In two games this preseason, covering a total of four series, Brady is 18-for-20 for 185 yards and two touchdowns.
Brady completed his first 11 passes before his third-down pass for Amendola fell incomplete to force a punt on his second series.
Brady came out after the first quarter and, like last week in Philadelphia, was replaced by Ryan Mallett to begin the second quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal