Danny Amendola is grateful to work with Tom Brady since he’s ‘like a coach out there on the field’
|08.17.13 at 1:31 am ET|
Brady was a perfect 8-for-8 on the opening 15-play drive, including four passes for 46 yards to Amendola. That drive concluded when Brady hit Amendola on a double-post pattern for his first touchdown in a Patriots’ uniform.
‘I just had a post route. It was a double post from myself and I think Kenbrell [Thompkins] on the outside and they just played a coverage where they kind of let me go. It was good to get it in.’
Amendola finished with six catches on seven targets for 71 yards and the first-quarter score.
‘I thought we got some good work in. We wanted to start fast, that was our goal,” Amendola added. “I felt like we made some plays early and it was good that we got on the board early, too. [It’s a] work in progress.’
As for Brady’s nearly unbelievable precision in the first two preseason games (18-for-20, 185 yards and 2 TDs), Amendola said he’s not surprised.
‘Tom works really hard,” Amendola said. “He gets the job done a lot of the time and that’s why he’s so good. Like I said, [there are] a lot of fresh faces in our receiving room and we’re just all trying to get on the same page.
“Tom’s like a coach out there on the field. He knows every intricacy of the offense and he helps the young guys out a lot. He’s a leader.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?