Kyle Arrington on M&M: Tom Brady, Danny Amendola ‘on the same page’
|08.19.13 at 12:39 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Kyle Arrington joined Mut & Merloni on Monday as the Patriots prepare for Thursday’s game against the Lions in Detroit.
“It’s tough to compare anybody to Wes,” Arrington said. “I would just say that it almost looks like Tom [Brady] hasn’t missed a beat, just between their chemistry with Tom and Danny. They’re on the same page. That’s huge for a QB and his wideout. I’m obviously looking forward to see the great things they’re going to do from here.”
Other new Patriots receivers such as Kenbrell Thompkins, Josh Boyce and Aaron Dobson have had promising performances as well.
Said Arrington: “I can’t give enough credit to their determination as far as work ethic as far as on the field and off the field. It’s not an easy playbook. I can tell you that firsthand. ‘¦ So, for them to be able to pick that up so fast and be on the same page with Tom is tremendous.”
On the other side of the ball, Arrington has been impressed by the youngsters who have joined him in the defensive backfield and how they’ve been able to pick up the verbiage so quickly.
One such player, rookie cornerback Logan Ryan, intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown in Friday’s preseason victory over the Buccaneers.
“He’s definitely one of those guys that I mentioned as far as being a quick study,” Arrington said. “It was a play similar like that that happened in practice, he got a pick-six on. Lo and behold, same thing happens in the game. One thing Bill [Belichick] does say is practice execution equals game reality. It’s one of Bill’s one-liners right there. It happens. Hey, they don’t call him a genius for no reason.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England