Patriots release A.J. Edds, R.J. Mattes, Scott Vallone
|08.19.13 at 12:59 pm ET|
The Patriots announced three roster cuts Monday: linebacker A.J. Edds, offensive lineman R.J. Mattes and defensive lineman Scott Vallone.
Edds signed as a free agent on June 6. A fourth-round pick of the Dolphins out of Iowa in 2010, he first played for the Patriots in 2011, appearing in two games before being released and signed to the practice squad. He played nine games for the Colts in 2011 and spent the entire 2012 season on injured reserve (knee).
Mattes signed as a rookie free agent form N.C. State on May 13, was released May 23 and re-signed June 3. Vallone joined the team on Aug. 1 as a rookie free agent from Rutgers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know