Patriots release A.J. Edds, R.J. Mattes, Scott Vallone
|08.19.13 at 12:59 pm ET|
The Patriots announced three roster cuts Monday: linebacker A.J. Edds, offensive lineman R.J. Mattes and defensive lineman Scott Vallone.
Edds signed as a free agent on June 6. A fourth-round pick of the Dolphins out of Iowa in 2010, he first played for the Patriots in 2011, appearing in two games before being released and signed to the practice squad. He played nine games for the Colts in 2011 and spent the entire 2012 season on injured reserve (knee).
Mattes signed as a rookie free agent form N.C. State on May 13, was released May 23 and re-signed June 3. Vallone joined the team on Aug. 1 as a rookie free agent from Rutgers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied