Patriots release A.J. Edds, R.J. Mattes, Scott Vallone
|08.19.13 at 12:59 pm ET|
The Patriots announced three roster cuts Monday: linebacker A.J. Edds, offensive lineman R.J. Mattes and defensive lineman Scott Vallone.
Edds signed as a free agent on June 6. A fourth-round pick of the Dolphins out of Iowa in 2010, he first played for the Patriots in 2011, appearing in two games before being released and signed to the practice squad. He played nine games for the Colts in 2011 and spent the entire 2012 season on injured reserve (knee).
Mattes signed as a rookie free agent form N.C. State on May 13, was released May 23 and re-signed June 3. Vallone joined the team on Aug. 1 as a rookie free agent from Rutgers.
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction