Patriots release A.J. Edds, R.J. Mattes, Scott Vallone
|08.19.13 at 12:59 pm ET|
The Patriots announced three roster cuts Monday: linebacker A.J. Edds, offensive lineman R.J. Mattes and defensive lineman Scott Vallone.
Edds signed as a free agent on June 6. A fourth-round pick of the Dolphins out of Iowa in 2010, he first played for the Patriots in 2011, appearing in two games before being released and signed to the practice squad. He played nine games for the Colts in 2011 and spent the entire 2012 season on injured reserve (knee).
Mattes signed as a rookie free agent form N.C. State on May 13, was released May 23 and re-signed June 3. Vallone joined the team on Aug. 1 as a rookie free agent from Rutgers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl