Report: Unlikely Rob Gronkowski will be ready for Week 1
|08.19.13 at 4:40 pm ET|
It’s “not realistic” for Rob Gronkowski to be back in time for the start of the 2013 regular season, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The tight end, who has undergone multiple surgeries this offseason on his forearm and back, has been with the team over the course of training camp, but has not suited up. Bcause he hasn’t participated in practice, the Patriots do have the option of placing him on the physically unable to perform list, but would then lose him for at least the first six weeks of the regular season (but still allow them to use the open spot on the 53-man roster).
The 24-year-old Gronkowski played in 11 games last season and caught 55 passes for 790 yards and 11 touchdowns.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?