Report: Unlikely Rob Gronkowski will be ready for Week 1
|08.19.13 at 4:40 pm ET|
It’s “not realistic” for Rob Gronkowski to be back in time for the start of the 2013 regular season, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
The tight end, who has undergone multiple surgeries this offseason on his forearm and back, has been with the team over the course of training camp, but has not suited up. Bcause he hasn’t participated in practice, the Patriots do have the option of placing him on the physically unable to perform list, but would then lose him for at least the first six weeks of the regular season (but still allow them to use the open spot on the 53-man roster).
The 24-year-old Gronkowski played in 11 games last season and caught 55 passes for 790 yards and 11 touchdowns.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...