Bucs coach Greg Schiano starting to get annoyed with ex-Patriots running back Jeff Demps
|08.20.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Considering that LeGarrette Blount has looked pretty good through two preseason games and Jeff Demps is off running track in Russia, that April swap looks pretty good right now for the Patriots.
In fact, when it comes to Demps — who spent the entire 2012 season with New England on injured reserve, only to raise some eyebrows in Foxboro when he talked about wanting to run track and play professional football — Tampa coach Greg Schiano is starting to sound a little exasperated.
‘Supposedly he’s coming. I don’t know. We’ll see,’ Schiano said Tuesday, via JoeBucsFan.com. ‘I don’t worry about guys that are not here, you know? So he’s not helping us get better right now. He’s out there running track somewhere. So, if he’s going to do that ‘ if he gets here and helps us win he will be part of it. If he gets here and can’t help us win, he can go back and run track. We are here to win games.’
The Patriots sent a seventh-round pick to Tampa along with Demps in exchange for Blount.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl