Bucs coach Greg Schiano starting to get annoyed with ex-Patriots running back Jeff Demps
|08.20.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Considering that LeGarrette Blount has looked pretty good through two preseason games and Jeff Demps is off running track in Russia, that April swap looks pretty good right now for the Patriots.
In fact, when it comes to Demps — who spent the entire 2012 season with New England on injured reserve, only to raise some eyebrows in Foxboro when he talked about wanting to run track and play professional football — Tampa coach Greg Schiano is starting to sound a little exasperated.
‘Supposedly he’s coming. I don’t know. We’ll see,’ Schiano said Tuesday, via JoeBucsFan.com. ‘I don’t worry about guys that are not here, you know? So he’s not helping us get better right now. He’s out there running track somewhere. So, if he’s going to do that ‘ if he gets here and helps us win he will be part of it. If he gets here and can’t help us win, he can go back and run track. We are here to win games.’
The Patriots sent a seventh-round pick to Tampa along with Demps in exchange for Blount.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return