Bucs coach Greg Schiano starting to get annoyed with ex-Patriots running back Jeff Demps
|08.20.13 at 8:23 pm ET|
Considering that LeGarrette Blount has looked pretty good through two preseason games and Jeff Demps is off running track in Russia, that April swap looks pretty good right now for the Patriots.
In fact, when it comes to Demps — who spent the entire 2012 season with New England on injured reserve, only to raise some eyebrows in Foxboro when he talked about wanting to run track and play professional football — Tampa coach Greg Schiano is starting to sound a little exasperated.
‘Supposedly he’s coming. I don’t know. We’ll see,’ Schiano said Tuesday, via JoeBucsFan.com. ‘I don’t worry about guys that are not here, you know? So he’s not helping us get better right now. He’s out there running track somewhere. So, if he’s going to do that ‘ if he gets here and helps us win he will be part of it. If he gets here and can’t help us win, he can go back and run track. We are here to win games.’
The Patriots sent a seventh-round pick to Tampa along with Demps in exchange for Blount.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...