Danny Amendola misses second practice, Bill Belichick says he’s ‘day-to-day’
|08.20.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots receiver Danny Amendola missed his second straight practice on Tuesday. Patriots coach Bill Belichick termed the receiver “day-to-day” with an undisclosed injury. After practicing in full pads Monday, the team worked out in shorts and shells on Tuesday outside Gillette Stadium.
Amendola took a blow to the back of the head in the first half of last Friday’s game against the Buccaneers but CSNNE.com’s Tom Curran quotes a source as indicating that is not the reason for the absence this week and that it’s not a long-term injury. In the preseason, the NFL does not require practice or injury reports.
Amendola caught six passes on seven targets for 71 yards and a touchdown last Friday and figures to start the season as one of Tom Brady‘s top targets in the passing game.
Amendola’s status for Thursday’s third preseason game in Detroit is likely in question after he missed the two practices this week. The team will have a walk-through on Wednesday before leaving for Detroit and the game against the Lions.
Amendola had one catch on one target for six yards in the preseason opener on Aug. 9 in Philadelphia.
TE Daniel Fells, DL Justin Francis, WR Kamar Aiken, CB Alfonzo Dennard, CB Ras-I Dowling and OL Marcus Cannon all on practice field to work with trainer after stretching and were limited.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...