Danny Amendola misses second practice, Bill Belichick says he’s ‘day-to-day’
|08.20.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots receiver Danny Amendola missed his second straight practice on Tuesday. Patriots coach Bill Belichick termed the receiver “day-to-day” with an undisclosed injury. After practicing in full pads Monday, the team worked out in shorts and shells on Tuesday outside Gillette Stadium.
Amendola took a blow to the back of the head in the first half of last Friday’s game against the Buccaneers but CSNNE.com’s Tom Curran quotes a source as indicating that is not the reason for the absence this week and that it’s not a long-term injury. In the preseason, the NFL does not require practice or injury reports.
Amendola caught six passes on seven targets for 71 yards and a touchdown last Friday and figures to start the season as one of Tom Brady‘s top targets in the passing game.
Amendola’s status for Thursday’s third preseason game in Detroit is likely in question after he missed the two practices this week. The team will have a walk-through on Wednesday before leaving for Detroit and the game against the Lions.
Amendola had one catch on one target for six yards in the preseason opener on Aug. 9 in Philadelphia.
TE Daniel Fells, DL Justin Francis, WR Kamar Aiken, CB Alfonzo Dennard, CB Ras-I Dowling and OL Marcus Cannon all on practice field to work with trainer after stretching and were limited.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick