Tracking opportunities in Patriots preseason passing game
|08.25.13 at 2:58 pm ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains a vaguely imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the first three games of the 2013 preseason:
WR Kenbrell Thompkins: 13 catches on 21 targets
WR Aaron Dobson: 8 catches on 21 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 10 catches on 12 targets
RB Shane Vereen: 7 catches on 11 targets
WR Danny Amendola: 7 catches on 8 targets
TE Zach Sudfeld: 6 catches on 9 targets
WR Josh Boyce: 5 catches on 10 targets
TE Daniel Fells: 3 catches on 3 targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: 2 catch on 5 targets
RB Brandon Bolden: 2 catch on 4 targets
WR Kamar Aiken: 2 catches on 3 targets
FB James Develin: 2 catches on 3 targets
RB Leon Washington: 2 catches on 2 targets
RB LeGarrette Blount: 1 catch on 3 targets
WR Quentin Sims: 1 catch on 2 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: 0 catches on 1 target
WR Johnathan Haggerty: 0 catches on 2 targets
TE Evan Landi: 0 catches on 1 target
TE Jake Ballard: 0 catches on 1 target
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...