Patriots make round of cuts that includes Niko Koutouvides, Mike Zupancic
|08.26.13 at 1:03 pm ET|
The Patriots announced a series of roster moves Monday, one day before they must have their roster down to 75 as mandated by the league.
The team re-signed rookie cornerback Stephon Morris, who had been released Aug. 1, and rookie defensive lineman Scott Vallone, who was cut last Monday.
The Patriots released first-year wide receiver Kamar Aiken, rookie cornerback Brandon Jones, nine-year veteran linebacker Niko Koutouvides, second-year cornerback LeQuan Lewis and rookie long-snapper Mike Zupancic.
The Patriots also placed rookie defense lineman Cory Grissom and second-year tackle Markus Zusevics on injured reserve, and placed first-year defensive lineman Armond Armstead and rookie wide receiver Mark Harrison on the reserve/non-football injury list.
Following the moves, the Patriots roster stands at 78.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX