Patriots make round of cuts that includes Niko Koutouvides, Mike Zupancic
|08.26.13 at 1:03 pm ET|
The Patriots announced a series of roster moves Monday, one day before they must have their roster down to 75 as mandated by the league.
The team re-signed rookie cornerback Stephon Morris, who had been released Aug. 1, and rookie defensive lineman Scott Vallone, who was cut last Monday.
The Patriots released first-year wide receiver Kamar Aiken, rookie cornerback Brandon Jones, nine-year veteran linebacker Niko Koutouvides, second-year cornerback LeQuan Lewis and rookie long-snapper Mike Zupancic.
The Patriots also placed rookie defense lineman Cory Grissom and second-year tackle Markus Zusevics on injured reserve, and placed first-year defensive lineman Armond Armstead and rookie wide receiver Mark Harrison on the reserve/non-football injury list.
Following the moves, the Patriots roster stands at 78.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?