Patriots reminding fans about new NFL bag policy again for Thursday vs. Giants
|08.26.13 at 12:53 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Gillette Stadium officials were generally very pleased with the cooperation they received from Patriots fans on Aug. 16 when the new NFL bag policy came to Foxboro.
The team is reminding fans again this week to make sure they follow all of the guidelines that will be enforced by the NFL and Gillette Stadium security this Thursday night when the Patriots conclude their preseason against the Giants. Stadium officials indicated Monday that there were only a few cases of fans getting off the commuter rail at Gillette Stadium with backpacks that were not allowed inside.
All bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and no larger than 12’x 6’ x 12’.
During the offseason, the NFL Committee on Stadium Security unanimously recommended the implementation of an NFL Stadium Bag Policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into all stadiums for NFL games.
The Patriots have communicated directly with season ticket holders on the implementation process and have distributed complimentary bags to each account holder. In addition, clear plastic freezer bags will be distributed to all vehicles that arrive at Gillette Stadium for the first couple of games. In the parking lots, there will be eight different locations where fans can purchase NFL compliant clear plastic bags as well.
Fans arriving for Patriots games at Gillette Stadium gates, plaza areas, or other areas where fans queue for entry into the stadium must have bags that are in compliance with the new policy. Bags that are not in compliance will not be stored and must be returned to the patron’s vehicle. A description of the style and size of the bags that will be allowed is described below:
The policy was announced by the NFL in June and implemented for the first time at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio on Aug. 4.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Glenn Gronkowski to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and...
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...