Alfonzo Dennard’s Nebraska court date reportedly changed to Sept. 6
|08.27.13 at 8:30 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was due to appear in court in Nebraska on Tuesday for a probation violation hearing, but the court date was moved to Sept. 6, according to a report from the Lincoln Journal Star. That means, unless the date gets rescheduled again, Dennard would have to be in Nebraska two days before the Patriots’ season-opener against the Bills in Buffalo.
In April Dennard was placed on probation and sentenced to 30 days in jail — to be served next March — after being convicted of assaulting a police officer outside a nightclub days before he was drafted by the Patriots in 2012. Then in July, Dennard was arrested for suspicion of DUI.
Worst-case scenario for the Patriots is that Dennard’s court date is not moved and the judge orders him to serve his jail term immediately for violating terms of his probation. That would force the cornerback to miss the first five games of the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion