Alfonzo Dennard’s Nebraska court date reportedly changed to Sept. 6
|08.27.13 at 8:30 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was due to appear in court in Nebraska on Tuesday for a probation violation hearing, but the court date was moved to Sept. 6, according to a report from the Lincoln Journal Star. That means, unless the date gets rescheduled again, Dennard would have to be in Nebraska two days before the Patriots’ season-opener against the Bills in Buffalo.
In April Dennard was placed on probation and sentenced to 30 days in jail — to be served next March — after being convicted of assaulting a police officer outside a nightclub days before he was drafted by the Patriots in 2012. Then in July, Dennard was arrested for suspicion of DUI.
Worst-case scenario for the Patriots is that Dennard’s court date is not moved and the judge orders him to serve his jail term immediately for violating terms of his probation. That would force the cornerback to miss the first five games of the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed