Alfonzo Dennard’s Nebraska court date reportedly changed to Sept. 6
|08.27.13 at 8:30 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was due to appear in court in Nebraska on Tuesday for a probation violation hearing, but the court date was moved to Sept. 6, according to a report from the Lincoln Journal Star. That means, unless the date gets rescheduled again, Dennard would have to be in Nebraska two days before the Patriots’ season-opener against the Bills in Buffalo.
In April Dennard was placed on probation and sentenced to 30 days in jail — to be served next March — after being convicted of assaulting a police officer outside a nightclub days before he was drafted by the Patriots in 2012. Then in July, Dennard was arrested for suspicion of DUI.
Worst-case scenario for the Patriots is that Dennard’s court date is not moved and the judge orders him to serve his jail term immediately for violating terms of his probation. That would force the cornerback to miss the first five games of the season.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades