Patriots have made their share of trades between end of camp and start of season
|08.27.13 at 7:30 am ET|
While most of the personnel moves that happen at this time of year are free agents signing with a team after they’ve been cut loose, there are occasional trades — there were a few made over the last week, including the Bills dealine linebacker Chris White to Detroit for quarterback Thaddeus Lewis on Sunday. While the Patriots have never been particularly active in the trade market at the end of the summer, they have made an occasional move here and there. Here’s a list of the deals made by the Patriots over the last decade that took place between the final week of August and the start of the regular season.
Sept. 1, 2012: Acquired wide receiver Greg Salas in a deal with the Rams for an undisclosed future draft pick.
Aug. 26, 2009: Traded offensive lineman Russ Hochstein to the Broncos for an undisclosed draft pick. (Earlier that month, they also traded defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith to the Broncos for an undisclosed draft pick, and acquired defensive end Derrick Burgess from the Raiders in exchange for offensive lineman Al Johnson.)
Sept. 2, 2006: Acquired wide receiver Doug Gabriel from the Raiders for an undisclosed draft pick. (Later that same month — one day after the start of the regular season — the Patriots traded wide receiver Deion Branch to the Seahawks for an undisclosed draft pick in 2007.)
Sept. 1, 2006: Traded running back Patrick Cobb to the Steelers for an undisclosed draft pick.
Aug. 23, 2005: Acquired wide receiver Andre Davis from the Browns for an undisclosed draft pick.
Aug. 26, 2003: Acquired offensive lineman Jamil Soriano from the Chicago Bears for an undisclosed draft pick. (It was the second deal of the month between the Patriots and Chicago, as New England acquired defensive tackle Ted Washington from the Chicago Bears for a 2004 fourth-round draft pick on Aug. 20.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know