Report: Aaron Hernandez used angel dust, was one misstep away from being cut
|08.27.13 at 7:06 pm ET|
In the new issue of Rolling Stone, a story on Aaron Hernandez alleges the former Patriots tight end was a heavy user of angel dust and had become so paranoid as a result he carried a gun wherever he went. In addition, he cut himself off from friends and teammates, and had angered Bill Belichick so much with his actions — which included missed practices — that he was one misstep away from being released.
The story also alleges his former college coach Urban Meyer may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents, including an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.
Odin Lloyd was found dead on June 17 near Hernandez’s home, and Hernandez was arrested nine days later. He was charged with first-degree murder and has been held without bail since. Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...