Report: Aaron Hernandez used angel dust, was one misstep away from being cut
|08.27.13 at 7:06 pm ET|
In the new issue of Rolling Stone, a story on Aaron Hernandez alleges the former Patriots tight end was a heavy user of angel dust and had become so paranoid as a result he carried a gun wherever he went. In addition, he cut himself off from friends and teammates, and had angered Bill Belichick so much with his actions — which included missed practices — that he was one misstep away from being released.
The story also alleges his former college coach Urban Meyer may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents, including an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.
Odin Lloyd was found dead on June 17 near Hernandez’s home, and Hernandez was arrested nine days later. He was charged with first-degree murder and has been held without bail since. Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE