Tom Coughlin expects Giants starters to play 12-15 snaps against Patriots in preseason finale
|08.27.13 at 10:07 pm ET|
Tom Coughlin said Tuesday that he will play his starters in Thursday’s preseason finale against the Patriots.
The Giants coach expects his starters to play between 12 and 15 snaps against New England in the preseason finale for both teams. That includes the No. 1 offense, a group that has struggled to this point in the preseason — the Giants starters have scored just two preseason touchdowns.
“I’d like to see some continuity and some execution, some performance,” Coughlin told reporters when asked about the offense. “I’d like to see us get the ball in the end zone, I’d like to see us do well on third down. I’d like to see our passing game, with our protection, look like some type of an efficient operation. I’d like to see progress, that’s what I’d really like to see [Thursday].
“We’re trying to get 11 guys to work together, [and that] has not been easy,” he added of his team, which is 1-2 through three preseason games. “There is, I hope, a silver lining in that lots of people have played, lots of experience, lots of guys have been in positions of flexibility. So we’ve had some things we could see, and I’m hoping that becomes a good thing.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied