Tom Coughlin expects Giants starters to play 12-15 snaps against Patriots in preseason finale
|08.27.13 at 10:07 pm ET|
Tom Coughlin said Tuesday that he will play his starters in Thursday’s preseason finale against the Patriots.
The Giants coach expects his starters to play between 12 and 15 snaps against New England in the preseason finale for both teams. That includes the No. 1 offense, a group that has struggled to this point in the preseason — the Giants starters have scored just two preseason touchdowns.
“I’d like to see some continuity and some execution, some performance,” Coughlin told reporters when asked about the offense. “I’d like to see us get the ball in the end zone, I’d like to see us do well on third down. I’d like to see our passing game, with our protection, look like some type of an efficient operation. I’d like to see progress, that’s what I’d really like to see [Thursday].
“We’re trying to get 11 guys to work together, [and that] has not been easy,” he added of his team, which is 1-2 through three preseason games. “There is, I hope, a silver lining in that lots of people have played, lots of experience, lots of guys have been in positions of flexibility. So we’ve had some things we could see, and I’m hoping that becomes a good thing.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey
- Video of Alleged Suspect Stealing Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Jersey Aired...