Patriots release Zoltan Mesko and George Winn
|08.31.13 at 11:18 am ET|
The moves keep coming for the Patriots:
‘¢New England has released veteran punter Zoltan Mesko, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe. Mesko was beaten out for the job by rookie Ryan Allen, a Ray Guy Award winner out of Louisiana Tech who had a good summer. Mesko, who was taken in 2010 by the Patriots, averaged 44.2 yards per punt for New England in his three seasons in the NFL. Active in the community, the 27-year-old was one of the more popular guys on the team — considering his track record, he should find work pretty quickly.
‘¢The Patriots have released running back George Winn, a 5-foot-10 1/2, 218-pounder out of Cincinnati who impressed in limited reps over the course of the summer — he had 14 carries for 54 yards and a touchdown in the preseason finale against the Giants. (He finished the 2012 season with the Bearcats with 1,334 yards and 13 touchdowns on 243 carries.)
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades