Poll: Was cutting Tim Tebow the right move?
|08.31.13 at 5:03 pm ET|
The Patriots ended the Tim Tebow experiment several hours before the 6 p.m. ET deadline to set the 53-man roster as they cut him on Saturday. Tebow finished 11-of-30 for 145 yards, two touchdowns passes, two interceptions and a 47.2 quarterback rating.
If he clears waivers, he will become a free agent and eligible to sign anyway. Tebow has played in the regular season for Denver and the New York Jets.
He was drafted by then-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels late in the first round of the 2010 draft out of Florida with the 25th overall pick.
On Saturday evening, he thanked the Patriots for giving him a chance to make the team.
“First and foremost, I just want to thank the Patriots for giving me an opportunity. I’m very thankful. It’s such an honor to be a Patriot and play for coach [Bill Belichick] and coach McDaniels, and learn under [Tom Brady] and be a part of this great franchise and very successful franchise. I found out first hand; lost to them several times.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to working hard every single day and getting a lot better and learning under some great people. That’s all I got. Thank you all so much and God bless. I’m sure we’ll be talking more soon.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...