Poll: Was cutting Tim Tebow the right move?
|08.31.13 at 5:03 pm ET|
The Patriots ended the Tim Tebow experiment several hours before the 6 p.m. ET deadline to set the 53-man roster as they cut him on Saturday. Tebow finished 11-of-30 for 145 yards, two touchdowns passes, two interceptions and a 47.2 quarterback rating.
If he clears waivers, he will become a free agent and eligible to sign anyway. Tebow has played in the regular season for Denver and the New York Jets.
He was drafted by then-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels late in the first round of the 2010 draft out of Florida with the 25th overall pick.
On Saturday evening, he thanked the Patriots for giving him a chance to make the team.
“First and foremost, I just want to thank the Patriots for giving me an opportunity. I’m very thankful. It’s such an honor to be a Patriot and play for coach [Bill Belichick] and coach McDaniels, and learn under [Tom Brady] and be a part of this great franchise and very successful franchise. I found out first hand; lost to them several times.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to working hard every single day and getting a lot better and learning under some great people. That’s all I got. Thank you all so much and God bless. I’m sure we’ll be talking more soon.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return