Patriots claim defensive tackle A.J. Francis
|09.01.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
Defensive tackle A.J. Francis was been claimed by the Patriots.
I was literally on my way to Special Teams meetings when Mr. Ireland stopped me and told me I was claimed by the @Patriots …Still shocked.
— A.J. Francis (@AJFrancis410) September 1, 2013
A 6-foot-5, 316-pounder out of Maryland who was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dolphins this spring, Francis earned all-ACC honorable mention in 2012, and was a four-year starter for the Terps.
Francis, who was named to SI’s “Twitter 100″ for his always interesting account, figures to be able to offer some depth behind starting defensive tackles Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly — after the series of cuts the Patriots made on Saturday, they were left with only rookie Joe Vellano as a backup DT.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...