Report: Patriots sign Quentin Sims back to practice squad
|09.01.13 at 10:00 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots may have cut Tim Tebow but they are getting his number one weapon back on the team.
Receiver Quentin Sims was claimed back by the Patriots on Sunday and signed to the practice squad, according to Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald.
Sims caught four passes in the preseason for 86 yards, including a 52-yard TD from Tebow in the preseason finale last Thursday night. Sims ran an up-and-out and made a leaping grab on the ball that appeared to be too high. Sims kept his feet and raced to the end zone for a touchdown.
On the last offensive play of the game, Tebow threw a nine-yard fade to Sims in the end zone for his second touchdown of the night.
Sims impressed late in camp with a string of solid practices and his performance Thursday seemed to convince the staff of his potential.
Sims becomes the sixth player signed to the practice squad, with two open spots still available. The Patriots officially announced five signings earlier in the day Sunday, including Marcus Forston and Jeff Tarpinian.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself