Bills WR Stevie Johnson on Patriots: ‘I don’t think they have anybody to stop me’
|09.02.13 at 3:09 pm ET|
Buffalo wide receiver Stevie Johnson kicked off the regular season with a bang Monday, telling reporters he doesn’t “think [the Patriots] have anybody to stop me.”
Johnson was asked why he feels the Bills can compete with New England, which has won nine of the last 10 AFC East titles.
“Because I’m here,” he said. “I don’t think they have anybody to stop me. For real. I think we have guys in the receiver room that are as good as I am, if not better. I just have that confidence in my teammates and in myself.”
At the same time, Johnson was deferential to several players in the Patriots secondary
While it’s worth noting that Chung is no longer a part of the Patriots — he signed with the Eagles in the offseason — Johnson continued.
“I give a lot of credit to the Patriots. They play as one unit. … They’re aggressive. It’s going to be a test. It’s going to be a challenge,” he said. “But I still still think we can take advantage of their defense. … I’ll still ride with my boys over their guys.”
The Patriots and Bills face each other in the regular-season opener for both teams Sunday in Buffalo.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick