Patriots confirm addition of WR Quentin Sims to practice squad
|09.02.13 at 2:12 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots confirmed Monday afternoon the signing of rookie WR Quentin Sims to the practice squad. Sims joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent on July 19 and was released by the team on Aug. 31. The move was first reported by Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald on Sunday evening.
Sims, 23, played two seasons at Georgia Tech (2009-10) before transferring to Tennessee-Martin in 2011. The 6-foot-3, 202-pounder had 86 receptions for 1,092 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
Sims had four catches for 86 yards and two touchdowns in four preseason games. He caught a pair of TDs from Tim Tebow in the preseason finale against the Giants last Thursday, including a 52-yard grab on an in-cut route in the fourth quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England