Patriots confirm addition of WR Quentin Sims to practice squad
|09.02.13 at 2:12 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots confirmed Monday afternoon the signing of rookie WR Quentin Sims to the practice squad. Sims joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent on July 19 and was released by the team on Aug. 31. The move was first reported by Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald on Sunday evening.
Sims, 23, played two seasons at Georgia Tech (2009-10) before transferring to Tennessee-Martin in 2011. The 6-foot-3, 202-pounder had 86 receptions for 1,092 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
Sims had four catches for 86 yards and two touchdowns in four preseason games. He caught a pair of TDs from Tim Tebow in the preseason finale against the Giants last Thursday, including a 52-yard grab on an in-cut route in the fourth quarter.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars