Patriots re-sign Marquice Cole, release OL Josh Kline
|09.02.13 at 10:02 am ET|
FOXBORO — Less than 24 hours after releasing him to make room on the 53-man roster for four players signed off waivers, the Patriots re-signed cornerback Marquice Cole Monday morning.
To make room, the team waived undrafted rookie offensive guard Josh Kline.
Cole, 29, is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Jets (2009-11) and Patriots (2012). The 5-foot-10, 195-pounder joined New England as a free agent on March 19, 2012, and was re-signed by the team on March 20, 2013. He played in 14 games with one start last season and finished with 12 total tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and seven special teams tackles. He played in both postseason games and added four defensive tackles and four special teams tackle.
Cole originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Raiders out of Northwestern in 2007. He spent the end of the 2007 season on the Titans’ practice squad and part of the 2008 season on the practice squad of the Saints. Cole began the 2009 season on the practice squad of the Jets before joining the 53-man roster early in September. Cole has played in 51 NFL games with two starts and has registered 26 defensive tackles, three interceptions with one returned for a touchdown and 43 special teams tackles.
Kline, 23, joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Kent State on May 3. The 6-foot-3, 295-pounder saw action at right guard, right tackle and on special teams during his college career at Kent State. He earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video