Rob Gronkowski practices again, newcomers on hand for first practice
|09.02.13 at 10:50 am ET|
FOXBORO — For a second straight day, Rob Gronkowski was in attendance at Patriots practice as the team worked out in shorts and shells on the upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium Monday morning.
Gronkowski was running warm-up drills with the offensive unit at the start of practice but was not spotted catching any passes.
Gronkowski was activated off PUP on Saturday and is eligible to play Sunday against Buffalo. But the more significant – and realistic – impact is that the tight end won’t be forced to sit out the first six games.
The only player not spotted at practice Monday was offensive lineman Will Svitek, who was spotted with a knee brace in the locker room on Sunday afternoon.
Linebacker Chris White, offensive linemen Chris Barker and Braxston Cave and defensive lineman A.J. Francis were all in attendance for the first time since being signed off waived and added to the 53-man active roster.
There was an additional (unnamed) offensive lineman wearing No. 71, who could either be an add to the practice squad or an addition to the 53-man roster if, for some reason, Svitek is placed on injured reserve.
The Patriots will have Tuesday off before returning to practice on Wednesday in preparation for the season opener this Sunday in Buffalo.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL