Kyle Arrington on M&M: Bills WR Stevie Johnson an ‘extreme talent’
|09.03.13 at 11:39 am ET|
Patriots defensive back Kyle Arrington joined Mut & Merloni on Tuesday as the Patriots prepare to open the season Sunday against the Bills.
Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson made some interesting comments this week, saying that he doesn’t believe the Patriots have anyone who can stop him and then noting he has “a lot of respect” for his friend Patrick Chung, apparently not realizing Chung left New England as a free agent in the offseason, signing with the Eagles.
“I’m going to leave that for you guys to dissect,” Arrington said.
Added Arrington of Johnson: “Extreme talent. Very, very talented. One of those all-around talents that we see. He’s not only fast, not only just shifty, not only great hands, not only possession, run after the catch. We have a great challenge on our hands. We’re getting ready.”
The Patriots defense improved during the 2012 season after a slow start, and Arrington is looking for the defense to pick up where it left off.
“Our goal is always we want to be a fast, physical, dominant defense,” he said. “I think we’ve taken some good steps in the right direction, but I know we have a long way to go. It’s going to be a long season. Everything is focused on getting ready for Buffalo this week. I guess we’ll assess where we’re at after that.”
Arrington has been moved around the defensive backfield during the preseason. He said he’s just happy to be playing, no matter where he is.
“I just love being out there on the field, being able to go out there and play football. It’s fun,” he said. “I love being on the inside, I love being on the outside. I love, like I said, just going out there and being a football player. It’s a tremendous game. I’m thankful for the opportunity.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England