Patriots reportedly expected to add TE Matt Mulligan
|09.03.13 at 12:31 am ET|
The Patriots are expected to sign free agent tight end Matt Mulligan after working him out on Monday, according to several reports. His addition would get the active roster back to 53 after Tuesday’s release of fullback James Develin.
The 6-foot-4, 257-pounder out of Maine played with the Jets from 2009 through 2011, and spent last season with the Rams. He was one of the final cuts in Green Bay over the weekend. Known more for his blocking skills, his best year came in 2012 with St. Louis, when he played in all 16 games (with nine starts) and came away with eight catches for 84 yards and a touchdown.
In all, the native of Bangor has registered 14 catches, 144 receiving yards, and a touchdown in five seasons in the NFL.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine