Tracking opportunities in Patriots preseason passing game
|09.03.13 at 7:45 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains a vaguely imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the 2013 preseason:
WR Kenbrell Thompkins: 15 catches on 25 targets
WR Aaron Dobson: 11 catches on 29 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 10 catches on 12 targets
TE Zach Sudfeld: 8 catches on 11 targets
RB Shane Vereen: 7 catches on 11 targets
WR Danny Amendola: 7 catches on 8 targets
WR Josh Boyce: 7 catches on 12 targets
TE Daniel Fells: 5 catches on 5 targets
WR Quentin Sims: 4 catches on 6 targets
RB Leon Washington: 3 catches on 5 targets
FB James Develin: 3 catches on 4 targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: 2 catches on 5 targets
RB Brandon Bolden: 2 catches on 4 targets
WR Kamar Aiken: 2 catches on 3 targets
RB LeGarrette Blount: 1 catch on 3 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: 0 catches on 1 target
TE Evan Landi: 0 catches on 1 target
WR Johnathan Haggerty: 0 catches on 2 targets
TE Jake Ballard: 0 catches on 2 targets
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...