Patriots shuffle practice squad with addition of OL Josh Kline
|09.04.13 at 9:42 am ET|
The Patriots re-signed offensive lineman Josh Kline and released linebacker Jeff Tarpinian from the practice squad on Wednesday.
Kline, 23, joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Kent State on May 3 and was released on Sept. 2. The 6-foot-3, 295-pounder saw action at right guard, right tackle and on special teams during his college career at Kent State. He earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2012.
Tarpinian, 25, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Iowa on July 27, 2011. He has rotated between the Patriots practice squad and the 53-man roster over the last two seasons. The 6-foot-3, 240-pounder has played in 10 NFL games with one start and has registered five total tackles on defense and eight tackles on special teams. He was released by the Patriots on Aug. 31 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board