Patriots shuffle practice squad with addition of OL Josh Kline
|09.04.13 at 9:42 am ET|
The Patriots re-signed offensive lineman Josh Kline and released linebacker Jeff Tarpinian from the practice squad on Wednesday.
Kline, 23, joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Kent State on May 3 and was released on Sept. 2. The 6-foot-3, 295-pounder saw action at right guard, right tackle and on special teams during his college career at Kent State. He earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2012.
Tarpinian, 25, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Iowa on July 27, 2011. He has rotated between the Patriots practice squad and the 53-man roster over the last two seasons. The 6-foot-3, 240-pounder has played in 10 NFL games with one start and has registered five total tackles on defense and eight tackles on special teams. He was released by the Patriots on Aug. 31 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied