Patriots shuffle practice squad with addition of OL Josh Kline
|09.04.13 at 9:42 am ET|
The Patriots re-signed offensive lineman Josh Kline and released linebacker Jeff Tarpinian from the practice squad on Wednesday.
Kline, 23, joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Kent State on May 3 and was released on Sept. 2. The 6-foot-3, 295-pounder saw action at right guard, right tackle and on special teams during his college career at Kent State. He earned second-team All-MAC honors as a senior in 2012.
Tarpinian, 25, originally joined the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Iowa on July 27, 2011. He has rotated between the Patriots practice squad and the 53-man roster over the last two seasons. The 6-foot-3, 240-pounder has played in 10 NFL games with one start and has registered five total tackles on defense and eight tackles on special teams. He was released by the Patriots on Aug. 31 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty