Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm), Danny Amendola (groin) officially ‘limited’ at Patriots practice
|09.04.13 at 5:40 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski (forearm) was officially listed as limited in practice in the first practice participation report of the season released Wednesday afternoon by the Patriots. Gronkowski took part in all drills before practice began during the media portion of availability. Wednesday marked the second time he practiced this week in pads. Danny Amendola was listed with a groin injury, the first official acknowledgment by the team of his injury. Amendola missed the third preseason game in Detroit for an unspecified injury, though sources close to the team reported that it was not related to a shot to the head he took in the first half of the win over Tampa Bay in the second preseason game.
Offensive lineman Will Svitek – seen this week in the locker room with a knee brace – was the only player missing from practice and hasn’t practiced all week.
Here is Wednesday’s complete report:
Did not participate:
OL Will Svitek (knee)
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm)
WR Danny Amendola (groin)
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
WR Aaron Dobson (hamstring)
DB Nate Ebner (ankle)
DB Duron Harmon (hamstring)
As far as the Bills are concerned, quarterback EJ Manuel (knee), tabbed Wednesday as the starter on Sunday against the Patriots, fully participated in practice Wednesday while starting safety Jairus Byrd was limited with plantar fascitis. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore (wrist), kicker Dustin Hopkins (right groin) and center Doug Legursky (knee) did not participate.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...