Aqib Talib responds to Stevie Johnson: ‘I don’t watch NFL Network’
|09.05.13 at 1:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Informed of Stevie Johnson‘s quote that he doesn’t feel like the Patriots have anyone who could stop him, Aqib Talib played it cool.
Asked if he had heard about Johnson’s boast, the New England cornerback responded by saying Thursday he hasn’t seen it.
‘I don’t watch NFL Network or read the newspaper during the season,’ Talib said. ‘I’m a basketball fan. My TV pretty much stays on NBA TV. I don’t really read what nobody says.’
Johnson said earlier in the week that he didn’t “think [the Patriots] have anybody to stop me.”
Talib was asked if a comment like that would get him fired up.
“Of course,” he said. “But I didn’t hear it so I didn’t really read into it. I guess it is what it is.
“He’s sharp in his routes. He’s really good on his releases,” Talib added of Johnson. “We just have to, you know, prepare for him.”
Johnson was actually pretty complimentary of Talib and the New England defense, even if he did get some of the names wrong. (He identified Patrick Chung as one of the Patriots’ defensive backs, even though Chung was signed as a free agent in the offseason by the Eagles.)
‘[He’s] long, athletic, tries to play with vision,’ Johnson said of Talib. ‘I have a lot of respect for [Patrick] Chung. [Devin] McCourty: he’s a Pro Bowl player.
‘I give a lot of credit to the Patriots. They play as one unit. ‘¦ They’re aggressive. It’s going to be a test. It’s going to be a challenge,’ Johnson added. ‘But I still still think we can take advantage of their defense. ‘¦ I’ll still ride with my boys over their guys.’
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England