Patriots practice Thursday: Rob Gronkowski catches TD, Tom Brady scrambles, Will Svitek absent
|09.05.13 at 11:00 am ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots practiced in shorts and shells on the wet upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium Thursday morning.
Gronkowski was moving well in the short route over the middle and caught a pass as Brady was moving to his right. Gronkowski was officially listed as “limited” on the first injury report of the season on Wednesday as he continues his road back from forearm and back surgeries.
After catching the pass, Gronkowski moved on to work in the tight end group, working on his chip blocking and catching skills off the line of scrimmage.
Brady and Ryan Mallett also worked on scrambling techniques, trying to be prepared for the Bills defensive line, which Brady Wednesday called one of the best in the NFL. Brady worked on touch passes in the end zone with his wide receivers, with Kenbrell Thompkins again showing strong hands with a couple of slant catches with his arms outstretched.
The only player missing from practice Thursday was offensive lineman Will Svitek, who has been absent all week with a right knee injury.
The Patriots will practice once again on Friday before leaving Saturday for the season opener Sunday in Buffalo.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position-by-Position Breakdown of New England Patriots' Top Combine...
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible