Patriots practice Thursday: Rob Gronkowski catches TD, Tom Brady scrambles, Will Svitek absent
|09.05.13 at 11:00 am ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots practiced in shorts and shells on the wet upper grass fields outside Gillette Stadium Thursday morning.
Gronkowski was moving well in the short route over the middle and caught a pass as Brady was moving to his right. Gronkowski was officially listed as “limited” on the first injury report of the season on Wednesday as he continues his road back from forearm and back surgeries.
After catching the pass, Gronkowski moved on to work in the tight end group, working on his chip blocking and catching skills off the line of scrimmage.
Brady and Ryan Mallett also worked on scrambling techniques, trying to be prepared for the Bills defensive line, which Brady Wednesday called one of the best in the NFL. Brady worked on touch passes in the end zone with his wide receivers, with Kenbrell Thompkins again showing strong hands with a couple of slant catches with his arms outstretched.
The only player missing from practice Thursday was offensive lineman Will Svitek, who has been absent all week with a right knee injury.
The Patriots will practice once again on Friday before leaving Saturday for the season opener Sunday in Buffalo.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?