Patriots re-sign FB James Develin, add OT Jordan Devey to practice squad
|09.05.13 at 6:16 pm ET|
The Patriots continued their roster tweaking on Thursday. In addition to the release of offensive lineman Braxston Cave and tight end Matthew Mulligan, according to reports, they have re-signed fullback James Develin and added offensive lineman Jordan Devey to the practice squad.
Develin, 25, spent the majority of the 2012 season on the New England practice squad and four weeks on the 53-man roster, seeing action in one game vs. San Francisco on Dec. 16. He survived the final round of cuts earlier in the week, but was released on Monday.
The 6-foot-3, 255-pounder originally joined the Cincinnati practice squad for the final five games of the 2010 season after playing for the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League. A former college defensive end at Brown University, Develin spent the entire 2011 season with Cincinnati on the practice squad and signed with New England’s practice squad on Sept. 1, 2012 after being released by the Bengals.
Nick Underhill of MassLive.com was the first to report the news on Develin.
Devey is a 6-foot-7, 317-pounder out of Memphis was signed as an undrafted free agent this spring by the Ravens, but was released this summer. As a collegian, he certainly displayed the sort of versatility that appeals to the Patriots: in his first year at Memphis, he started every game and had five starts at right tackle, one at right guard, and six at left tackle. As a senior, Dewey started in all 12 games once again, and recorded two starts left guard, and 10 starts at left tackle.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...