Patriots release OL Braxston Cave and TE Matthew Mulligan
|09.05.13 at 5:39 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday they released offensive lineman Braxston Cave and tight end Matthew Mulligan.
Cave, 24, was claimed off waivers by the Patriots from Cleveland on Sept. 1. The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder was originally signed by Cleveland as a rookie free agent out of Notre Dame on April 30. He was released by Cleveland on Aug. 30. Cave played in 48 games for Notre Dame, including 35 starts at center. He also served as the team’s long snapper.
Mulligan, 28, was signed by the Patriots on Sept. 3. The 6-foot-4, 267-pounder is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the New York Jets (2009-11) and the St. Louis Rams (2012). He went to training camp this past summer with Green Bay after signing with the Packers in April but was released on Aug. 31. Mulligan has played in 50 NFL games with 20 starts and has 14 receptions for 144 yards and one touchdown.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Preseason Week 4 Stock Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup