Walt Anderson will work as referee for Patriots-Bills
|09.05.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Walt Anderson will serve as the referee for Sunday’s opener between the Patriots and Bills, according to FootballZebras.com.
Anderson, who will be going into his 10th season as an NFL referee, will be working his third New England game dating back to the start of the 2010 season — he also worked as the referee in an Oct. 31 contest at Gillette between the Patriots and Vikings, as well as the Sept. 18, 2011 game in Foxboro between New England and San Diego.
Accorded as one of the better officials in the league, he has worked as the lead official at Super Bowls XXXV and XLV, and has worked playoff games in every year of eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl