Walt Anderson will work as referee for Patriots-Bills
|09.05.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Walt Anderson will serve as the referee for Sunday’s opener between the Patriots and Bills, according to FootballZebras.com.
Anderson, who will be going into his 10th season as an NFL referee, will be working his third New England game dating back to the start of the 2010 season — he also worked as the referee in an Oct. 31 contest at Gillette between the Patriots and Vikings, as well as the Sept. 18, 2011 game in Foxboro between New England and San Diego.
Accorded as one of the better officials in the league, he has worked as the lead official at Super Bowls XXXV and XLV, and has worked playoff games in every year of eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey