Walt Anderson will work as referee for Patriots-Bills
|09.05.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Walt Anderson will serve as the referee for Sunday’s opener between the Patriots and Bills, according to FootballZebras.com.
Anderson, who will be going into his 10th season as an NFL referee, will be working his third New England game dating back to the start of the 2010 season — he also worked as the referee in an Oct. 31 contest at Gillette between the Patriots and Vikings, as well as the Sept. 18, 2011 game in Foxboro between New England and San Diego.
Accorded as one of the better officials in the league, he has worked as the lead official at Super Bowls XXXV and XLV, and has worked playoff games in every year of eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know