Walt Anderson will work as referee for Patriots-Bills
|09.05.13 at 1:56 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Walt Anderson will serve as the referee for Sunday’s opener between the Patriots and Bills, according to FootballZebras.com.
Anderson, who will be going into his 10th season as an NFL referee, will be working his third New England game dating back to the start of the 2010 season — he also worked as the referee in an Oct. 31 contest at Gillette between the Patriots and Vikings, as well as the Sept. 18, 2011 game in Foxboro between New England and San Diego.
Accorded as one of the better officials in the league, he has worked as the lead official at Super Bowls XXXV and XLV, and has worked playoff games in every year of eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL