Rob Gronkowski officially ‘doubtful’ Sunday, Danny Amendola ‘probable,’ 4 others questionable
|09.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Rob Gronkowski was officially limited for the third straight day of practice on Friday and is listed as doubtful to play on Sunday in the season opener against the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
It is not known whether Gronkowski will even make the trip with the team when they leave for Western New York after a team walkthrough on Saturday.
In a sign that he is completely fine and ready to go, receiver Danny Amendola (groin) fully participated Friday for the first time this week and is listed as probable.
Offensive lineman Will Svitek ‘ seen this week in the locker room with a brace on his right knee ‘ was the only player missing from practice and hasn’t practiced all week. He was ruled out.
Here is Friday’s complete report:
Did not participate:
OL Will Svitek (knee) OUT
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) DOUBTFUL
RB Brandon Bolden (knee) QUESTIONABLE
WR Aaron Dobson (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
DB Nate Ebner (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
DB Duron Harmon (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
WR Danny Amendola (groin) PROBABLE
As for the Bills, they also had the same injury report on Friday: rookie quarterback EJ Manuel (knee) fully participated in practice and is probable, while starting safety Jairus Byrd was limited with plantar fascitis and is officially doubtful. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore (wrist), kicker Dustin Hopkins (right groin) and center Doug Legursky (knee) did not participate again. All three players have been ruled out for Sunday.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason