Rob Gronkowski officially ‘doubtful’ Sunday, Danny Amendola ‘probable,’ 4 others questionable
|09.06.13 at 4:10 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ Rob Gronkowski was officially limited for the third straight day of practice on Friday and is listed as doubtful to play on Sunday in the season opener against the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
It is not known whether Gronkowski will even make the trip with the team when they leave for Western New York after a team walkthrough on Saturday.
In a sign that he is completely fine and ready to go, receiver Danny Amendola (groin) fully participated Friday for the first time this week and is listed as probable.
Offensive lineman Will Svitek ‘ seen this week in the locker room with a brace on his right knee ‘ was the only player missing from practice and hasn’t practiced all week. He was ruled out.
Here is Friday’s complete report:
Did not participate:
OL Will Svitek (knee) OUT
TE Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) DOUBTFUL
RB Brandon Bolden (knee) QUESTIONABLE
WR Aaron Dobson (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
DB Nate Ebner (ankle) QUESTIONABLE
DB Duron Harmon (hamstring) QUESTIONABLE
WR Danny Amendola (groin) PROBABLE
As for the Bills, they also had the same injury report on Friday: rookie quarterback EJ Manuel (knee) fully participated in practice and is probable, while starting safety Jairus Byrd was limited with plantar fascitis and is officially doubtful. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore (wrist), kicker Dustin Hopkins (right groin) and center Doug Legursky (knee) did not participate again. All three players have been ruled out for Sunday.
For more Patriots news, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...