Tom Brady cautions Johnny Manziel against being ‘a turd’
|09.06.13 at 1:23 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has said in the past he was a big fan of the way the Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel plays, but on Thursday, he was singing a different tune when it comes to the celebratory antics from the guy they call “Johnny Football.”
Appearing on CNBC as part of a segment that included Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Brady was asked about Manziel and his emotional style of play.
‘I get pretty emotional,’ Brady said. ‘ I have a lot of respect for ‘¦ my teammates, for my organization and certainly for other guys in the NFL. There’s not a guy playing in the NFL who hasn’t earned the right to be here, and who isn’t supremely talented.
‘He’s probably been the best athlete in his high school class, in his elementary school class. So when you look across the ball, you have respect for those guys and treat them with respect,” he added. “Football’s a physical game ‘¦ and as [Kraft] would say, ‘If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England