Tom Brady cautions Johnny Manziel against being ‘a turd’
|09.06.13 at 1:23 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has said in the past he was a big fan of the way the Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel plays, but on Thursday, he was singing a different tune when it comes to the celebratory antics from the guy they call “Johnny Football.”
Appearing on CNBC as part of a segment that included Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Brady was asked about Manziel and his emotional style of play.
‘I get pretty emotional,’ Brady said. ‘ I have a lot of respect for ‘¦ my teammates, for my organization and certainly for other guys in the NFL. There’s not a guy playing in the NFL who hasn’t earned the right to be here, and who isn’t supremely talented.
‘He’s probably been the best athlete in his high school class, in his elementary school class. So when you look across the ball, you have respect for those guys and treat them with respect,” he added. “Football’s a physical game ‘¦ and as [Kraft] would say, ‘If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick