Tom Brady cautions Johnny Manziel against being ‘a turd’
|09.06.13 at 1:23 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has said in the past he was a big fan of the way the Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel plays, but on Thursday, he was singing a different tune when it comes to the celebratory antics from the guy they call “Johnny Football.”
Appearing on CNBC as part of a segment that included Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Brady was asked about Manziel and his emotional style of play.
‘I get pretty emotional,’ Brady said. ‘ I have a lot of respect for ‘¦ my teammates, for my organization and certainly for other guys in the NFL. There’s not a guy playing in the NFL who hasn’t earned the right to be here, and who isn’t supremely talented.
‘He’s probably been the best athlete in his high school class, in his elementary school class. So when you look across the ball, you have respect for those guys and treat them with respect,” he added. “Football’s a physical game ‘¦ and as [Kraft] would say, ‘If you’re a turd, it’s going to come back to you.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty